Join our team.
Ward Manufacturing has multiple open positions at our
Milwaukee pipe nipple plant.
Please see our current job openings below:
Ward Nipple is located in West Allis, Wisconsin.
CNC Threading Setup/Operator
Ward Mfg LLC is hiring for a 2ndÂ Shift CNC Threading Setup/Operator.Â Ward is a domestic manufacturer of pipe nipples for the plumbing industry.Â Duties will include utilizing an activity-reporting computer screen and choosing the correct jobs to run, optimizing CNC threading equipment to ensure the machines are producing quality parts according to company standards, measuring quality of the parts produced, observing machine operations and reporting problems, reporting number of jobs completed, keeping work areas safe, clean and organized and working overtime as requested to maintain an efficient workflow. Â Â Starting rate is $18.00/per hour with a $500 hiring bonus after 6 months of employment.
CNC Threading Setup/Operator Required Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Prior CNC operation experience is required
- The ability to learn the process with on the job training, meeting established standards within an established time frame
- Ability to add and subtract
- Ability to use a tape measure, thread gage, simple wrenches and overhead hoist
- Must require the ability to understand and retain knowledge to operate a complex CNC type operation panel to properly operate and troubleshoot the machine
- Ability to perform simple data entry on a computer keyboard
CNC Threading Setup/Operator Language Skills:
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple verbal and oral instructions.Â Must have the ability to formulate suggestions and improvements to a supervisor.
CNC Threading Setup/Operator Physical Requirements:
- Requires the ability to lift and continually move 10 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.Â
- Vision requirements include close vision, color, depth perception, and the ability to focus
- Ability to stand, bend and lift, use hands to finger, handle or feel and regularly walk in manufacturing area
- Ability to occasionally reach above shoulders, climb or balance
- Tolerance of a manufacturing environment with moving machinery, oil, grease, loud machine noises and warm, humid atmosphere
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection.
CNC Threading Setup/Operator Benefits Include:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life and Short Term Disability Insurance
- 401-K plus match
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Paid holidays
- Uniform allowance
Candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical prior to being offered the position.